Sunday, October 21, 2012

MAC Extra Dimension Eyeshadows- Worth $20.00?

(Pictured Above: MAC "Round Midnight" Extra Dimension Eyeshadow)
 
So evidently I have been living under a rock and had NO idea that MAC released the Extra Dimension eye shadows a few months ago and have had a few colors available for purchase already. I try very hard (most times failing) to sometimes ignore MAC launches because almost every collection has something in it that I feel that I "HAVE" to have and I would most definitely go broke. I guess the Extra Dimension shadows was a collection I was able to overlook, thank God!
I was super excited that MAC came out with the Extra Dimension Eyeshadows with their Holiday Glamour Daze collection. I was not so excited that they were $20.00 each. I wasn't sure if they were going to be worth the money. When I went to the launch party at my local MAC store, I found myself in awe of the eyeshadow displays. Before I had a chance to swatch them, I thought they were a cream eyeshadow (almost with the consistency of the Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush). They had of course been swatched a few times, and it looked almost.. squishy? LOL When I got to swatch it for myself, I was pleasantly surprised! I initially swatched "Round Midnight" (a gorgeous burgundy color). The pigmentation was insane, and it was SO shiny! I was immediately intrigued and found the nearest MAC associate to talk her ear off about these eye shadows! For those who, like me, were not aware this particular eyeshadow formula was already available (just in different colors), I was told that these eye shadows are a liquid-powder eyeshadow, and have the finish of almost a Satin but with A LOT more shine. They can come off even metallic depending on the color you have. According to MAC, these shadows are supposed to last up to six hours (with, of course, a proper primer base).
All together, there were 8 Extra Dimension Eyeshadows released with the Glamour Daze Holiday Collection, and in my opinion ALL of them were absolutely gorgeous, but I needed to stick to my budget that I had planned before even going into the store so I would not go bankrupt after the collection!
The 8 eyeshadows being released with this collection are:
  • Divine Blue -a gorgeous aqua color
  • Stylishly Merry - a violet color that reminds me a bit of  MACs "Stars n Rockets"
  • Evening Grey- a very nice silver
  • A Natural Flirt - a beautiful peach
  • Ready to Party- a subtle light purple
  • Stolen Moment- a very dark taupe
  • Round Midnight- a beautiful burgundy
  • Tall, Dark, and Handsome- a very dark, black with a pearl finish
While I loved every single one of the colors released in this collection, I had to narrow it down to 2. I chose Round Midnight and Stylishly Merry (I am a huge fan of a pink smokey eye, and felt these colors would compliment each other beautifully).
I am extremely happy with these eye shadows. Though the price may throw some people off, I think they are well worth it. They are SO easy to blend. It takes almost no effort to blend these beautiful shadows. Their pigmentation is amazing. The finish of these eye shadows are beautiful. You get a subtle metallic look, mixed in with what I describe as a Satin finish. These colors lasted a full work day for me (8 hours) which is saying a lot. I will say that towards the end of the day, it seemed like I needed to touch up a bit, but nothing to bad. As long as you use a great primer (my favorites being MACs Prep and Prime Eye or Tarte's eyeshadow primer), you should be fine.
As far as packaging is concerned, I think it is super sleek and cute! The collection has shiny, black packaging, and the detail to the eye shadows themselves are amazing! Each eyeshadow is embossed on the top half on the shadow with the words "MAC" and the bottom has a wave type of design. I almost felt bad using these shadows because I did not want to ruin the designs!

All in all, I give these eye shadows a 10 out of 10. Totally worth the money, and definitely a good investment as far as eye shadows are concerned!

Peace, Love, and Pug Hugs,
Maryann
http://www.youtube.com/makeupmaryann

No comments:

Post a Comment